Thursday, 20 September 2007

Weekend

At the weekend I was in London and Windsor for my friend's birthday. We met in central London and went out for a bite to eat and some drinks. On Friday night, I travelled back with the birthday boy Henry to the lovely Windsor. Henry went back into London on Saturday to watch his beloved Spurs unfortunately lose to Arsenal.

I dossed in Windsor for the day. A wonder around the town on a Saturday lunchtime makes one proud to be British, with Union Jack flags flying around the stunning backdrop of the castle.

On Sunday - after being stung by a wasp who just wouldn't leave me alone despite getting several bashings with Friday's Daily Telegraph - I went back into London for the day. It's always a pleasure to have the opportunity to go to the kind of mother church of England, Westminster Cathedral. As ever, there were great crowds both at Vespers and Benediction and 5:30pm Mass.

No comments: