Monday, 18 February 2008

Dad's birthday

On return to Hull from Ampleforth (via a stop in Beverley) I was greeted by my mother getting food ready for my dad's 60th birthday bash. His birthday falls on January 14.

From 6pm, my two sisters, brother-in-law, aunties, uncles and cousins began to arrive shortly after dad got home from work.
It was an enjoyable evening, especially because I haven't seen some of my uncles, aunties and cousins for ages since starting the job in Northamptonshire. Amongst the guests was my uncle Michael (seen here sitting down in the foreground) who is parish priest in Hessle.


We had a nice buffet with pizzas, pate, cheeses, cold meats, crusty bread, salad, pork pies and so on - not to forget the all important beer, wine and whisky. Then it was time for dad to cut the cake, which was interrupted by me telling him to stop whilst I got the camera sorted out.

Afterwards, dad began to construct his main present from mum, an "N" gauge model train set. We have a substantial "0" gauge collection up in the loft but dad has always wanted the smaller scale. He intends to build up the set in the spare bedroom. But just for a test run, he set his starter pack up on the dining table after the buffet. Hours of fun are inevitably to come!

No comments: