Saturday, 22 March 2008

Lenten 40 Martyr Reflections

OK, alright, so I've failed miserably in my Lenten mission, to provide you with reflections on all the 40 Martyrs of England and Wales by yesterday! I think I've only managed about 10 which is a poor show.

To be honest, I hadn't anticipated how long each one would take to find, gather and read information and then reflect upon the saint before typing everything up. It takes a long time to give each martyr the attention they deserve, especially with a full time job on my hands.

From what I can gather via post messages and from what people have told me, these reflections have been quite popular (correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, these Lenten reflections will just become Easter ones! I am determined to get all of them done as quickly as possible.

40 English and Welsh Martyrs, Pray For Us.

3 comments:

Fr Tim Finigan said...

This is a great series and I have just publicised it on my blog.

Why not do a post listing links to them all (you can update it as you add more) and then put a link to that post in the sidebar? This would help people to find all the posts in the series easily.

James M said...

Learning about the 40 martyrs powerfully renews the English Church...and is perhaps a vital step in a re-conversion of England. Thanks Richard for the series.

BTW, the Litany of the Forty English Martyrs is somehow one of the most beautiful prayers in the world...or at least round England and Wales!

Is the Feast of the English Martyrs 4th May, or 25th October, or am I confused? When would be the best day for English and Welsh bloggers to promote this litany, in the hope that many would pray it round the same time? Maybe 22nd June, the Feast of SS John Fisher and Thomas More?

On the side of the angels said...

You're working wonders !
I'll even let you off for misusing anticipate !